Presenting and researching during covid: Robert Choudhury

During the lockdown I was researching the implementation of sandboxes with mobile operating systems on the internet. After producing a program to survey these platforms and setting up a reporting server I was able to ascertain that sensor implementations were vulnerable to trivial attacks because of the lack of dynamic values witnessed during the survey. I furthered this work by looking into how researchers would run malware samples on local physical devices which would report the results and then be reset ready for the next execution. This setup has the benefit of including all the sensors of a mobile device and real-world readings.

I recently presented this work remotely and I was given the option of pre-recording the presentation (this provided resilience if your internet connection failed).  ‘Discord’ was used so that anyone presenting could communicate with the organisers just in case there were last minute changes to the ordering or technical issues. I used the Royal Holloway presentation template for PowerPoint to produce my slides. I chose to present live and fielded questions at the end. All in all, I enjoyed the experience and what I found interesting was the amount of data we had to leave out of the presentation due to RRI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-PhD thoughts on the Cyber Security field: Amy Ertan, 2017 CDT Cohort, now Cyber and Hybrid Policy Officer at NATO HQ in Brussels.

Remote working and Cyber Security: Georgia Crossland and Amy Ertan

New Publication: Remote Working and (In)Security?: Amy Ertan